Monday, January 3, 2011

Peranakan Place @ 1 Utama


There was no apparent reasons for us to be there. There was no initial plans for us to be there. Nothing at all but we took all the trouble to go. Traffic was horrible with so many cars fighting it's way to the car park. There was a signage posted 'Car Park FULL' but the stream of cars just drove past the signs and headed towards the car park.

It didn't take us long to find a parking space. Considering being very lucky. I can see envious angry drivers staring at us. I could only give them a happy face with a smile as wide and big as '1 Utama'. This is something that we will not do on a normal day but somehow ..... we just ended up here. LOL.

The place was packed with weekenders who is seeking for some bargains as the whole of 1 Utama is on sale. Would be the perfect time to do some shopping since CNY is just one month away. I was totally happy to have ended up here as I certainly needed to get myself some stuff.

Anyway, so much shopping certainly does burnt some calories and certainly hunger will strike anytime. I have always wanted to dine at this particular place which serves really good 'Peranakan' foodie and the last time I had it was like 6-7 years ago. This place is simply called 'Peranakan Place'.


I was so glad that this place still exists cause my wifey loves this sort of foodie. We got into our act immediately with our orders. We had the feeling that we were drooling by just looking at their menu. LOL. We ordered a plate of 'Otak Otak', 'Devils Curry' and an 'Onion Ommelette'.

Otak Otak @ RM10.90++

Devil's Curry @ RM14.00++

Onion Ommelette @ RM9.00++
I have never doubted about this place in serving good quality peranankan food. I can still remember the enjoyment I had 6-7 years ago when I first dined here. Just loved every inch of what they have to offer. And the quality of it's food is still as good as before and I was convinced when I had my share of the food again today. Simply marvelous simply delicious. 

Water Chestnut @ RM4.50++

As for dessert we simply have to order a bowl of 'water chestnut'. It was truly amazing! The smoothness of the blended ice, the taste of aromatic santan and the sweetness of the water chestnut. Simply irresistable.

Conclusion : I, being a big fan of peranakan food, truly give this place high praises as they truly deserved it. Food quality was superb. Portion was acceptable too. But somehow I found the price to be slightly on the high side. A worthy place for fine Peranakan food. Truly acceptable and remarkable. A 4/5.

Cheers.

Peranakan Place
Lot F221C
1st Floor Promenade
1 Utama Shopping Center
Bandar Utama 
47800 Petaling Jaya
Selangor.
Tel  : 03 7728 8728

No comments:

Post a Comment

free hit counter
free hit counter