Monday, November 22, 2010

Hometown Hainan @ Taman SEA, PJ.


It was a hot Sunday afternoon and it was a lazy one too. Was in Taman Megah PJ to view some furniture which we really wanted to get and somehow after a few rounds of viewing we finally bought them. It was at this very spot that we stumbled upon a cafe tucked in a corner of this lovely quiet neighborhood. And this cafe is called 'Hometown Hainan'.

Come to think of it I seldom have the urged to munch something during tea time. And I would say that this is one of the very rare moment I actually had one. Could it be that I really needed one or could it be this cafe is new to me. Hmmm........ I wonder.

@RM3.90+
We had a tall glass of Iced Hainan Coffee and a Iced Hainan Cham. I must say that the coffee aroma is simply marvelous. The first taste is like made in heaven but still ...... not the best I've tasted as I can get a better cuppa at a local kopitiam in SS3PJ. Anyway, can't ask for the sun and the moon in one go, can I.

@RM6.90+
To compliment the lovely glass of iced coffee came the 'Egg Toast Bread with Shredded Chicken'. From the look of it I find this to be a little pricey. No doubt it tasted unique but just doesn't justify it's price. I could get a  big bowl of noodle or a big plate of rice for that amount.

Conclusion : This place feels comfy, set up is simple, coffee is pretty good, menu is loaded with yummy food choice which is worth another visit BUT a tad too pricey, I reckon. At this moment ratings should stay at 3/5.

Cheers.

Hometown Hainan
No 29, Jalan SS23/18
Taman SEA
47400 Petaling Jaya
Selangor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

free hit counter
free hit counter