Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Restoran Pei Fook @ Kepong.


Today, I am going to review a popular restaurant somewhere in Kepong which is famous for it's 'wan ton mee'. This used to be my regular 'makan' place when I was working in Kepong. This place is called 'Restoran Pei Fook'.


I can still remember the very first time I came here for lunch. My client brought me here for a good plate of  'wan ton mee' and all I can say was that I love it. From then on I just couldn't stop myself from patronizing this outlet.

The morning crowd is very notorious and one will have to be there early to be able to find a seating. Yeah, it's almost packed everyday especially during weekends. Lunch crowd are equally healthy.


This place never fail to impress me. Every time I order the dry type 'wan ton mee' the noodle is always cooked to perfection where you'll get the springy texture when you bite into them. Perfect! And the sauce is just marvelous not too sweet nor too sour. Perfect! With such combo it'll take a miracle to make one hate it.

The barbeque pork or 'char siew' is just so-so. That's very unfortunate. But one will not complain much since the noodle is so delicious and will take whatever attention away from the 'char siew'.


The 'wan ton' which we ordered was equally yummy and not forgetting the soup. This whole bowl is just fantastic. The size of the wan ton is reasonable which gets a 2 thumbs up from me. I usually will order a combo of wan ton with pork liver but sad to say they have ran out of the latter.


We also ordered a plate of braised pork with cloud ear fungus. This is a very famous dish with the patrons as the meat tasted really good but slightly sour. You can either eat it plain or with noodles or rice. It's really mouth watering and worth a second plate.

Conclusion : Highly recommended. Wan Ton Noodle lovers have to give this place a try! Or you will regret it. I have brought so many of my friends and family members to this place and they all loved it. Carrying a large grin after filling up their bellies. And it's fairly cheap!

Cheers.

Restoran Pei Fook
No 10, Jalan Perdana 3
Kepong Indah Perdana
52100 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel : 03 6274 2709

No comments:

Post a Comment

free hit counter
free hit counter