Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Peppercorn Cafe @ SS15, Subang Jaya.

It was indeed a pure luxury to be able to have many varieties or types of English breakfast to chose from while residing in New Zealand. I always look forward for the weekends to come by so that I can have my daily breakfast at my favourite joint along Queens Street. They served the best breakfast I ever had in my life and will always cherished those moments.

Well, I find it rather difficult finding a restaurant in KL that makes good English or American breakfast. I have tried so many places big or small, famous or infamous, near and far but I always left with disappointment. Until now I am still searching for the ideal place .... but then again the search will go on .... this time to Subang Jaya.

This restaurant is situated in SS15 in Subang Jaya. It is a well known restaurant to the locals and many flock there for their breakfast set meals and also their lunch set meals. The restaurant wasn't difficult to find but finding a parking space for your car is. And this place is called 'Peppercorn Cafe'.

English Breakfast
As you can see from the picture their English breakfast set consists of 2 sunny side up egg, 1 halved sausage, 2 tiny slice of bacon, some baked beans and a couple of toasted bread. Your have a choice of either coffee or tea and a tiny glass of orange juice.

The other breakfast set comes with 2 sunny side up egg, 2 tiny slice of bacon, some baked beans, a couple of toasted bread and a piece of hash brown.

Well, what can I say about it. Nothing fantastic nor nothing great about it. But for something below RM10.00 this was really a good bargain. The only thing great is that we do not need to cook it and do the washing. Frankly, I could do a better version of this English breakfast.


Waffle
The waffle was good. Spread some butter or fruit jam on it to give it a better taste. Would have been great if there were ice-creams made available.

Conclusion : This restaurant is famous for it's value for money deals. It attracts many young patrons mainly uni-students. Breakfast and lunch crowd can be overwhelming. Restaurant set up is simple and nice, it's clean and service is ok lah. A look at their menu suggests they can dish something more complicated and more interesting compared to what we had. Value for money but portion could be better. A 3/5.

Cheers!

Peppercorn Cafe
No.21, Jalan SS15/4
47500 Subang Jaya
Selangor.
Tel : 03 5631 1808.

Note : The above review was  purely  based on my personal opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

free hit counter
free hit counter