Friday, August 12, 2011

Face To Face Noodle House - Sarawak Kolo Noodle @ Damansara Perdana


The search continues.... for some noodles .... which was fabulous when I first tasted it ..... during my business trips to Kuching, Sarawak. The magic word .... 'Kolo Mee'.

This noodle is really a killer. It is really delicious and unique in it's own way that will really kick start your day with a bang, especially on your 'taste buds'. I will never want to miss this delicious noodle whenever I made a trip to Sarawak as I am unable to find one similar stores anywhere in KL. So this is really and truly my inner deepest love which I will miss dearly whenever I am in KL.

This search continued until today when I was rather lucky to be introduced to this place which serves this famous East Malaysian Sarawak kolo noodle. And why not? This friend of mine comes from Sarawak and I was pretty sure that this place will not disappoint me.

The name of this restaurant sounds really funny. It is situated at Damansara Perdana and it is called 'Face To Face Noodle House'.


There is simply to shout about on the interior of this eatery. It is simple with wooden tables and chairs spread across the dining area both air-conditioned and non air-conditioned areas. Finding this place is a breeze but it is otherwise if you are looking for a parking space for you car. Most people will 'double park' their vehicle as space is pretty limited. This is something that I will not do as it is truly 'BTC' and it could be dangerous too. And for those who simply double park make sure you have a good view of your car as this action will get you a fine from the local enforcement officers doing their rounds and also not to anger the owner of those cars you are blocking.

A quick browse at the menu tells you that this is a noodle house. From 'pan mee' to this unique Sarawak kolo noodle. Drinks menu is pretty colourful too ~ from green tea to ice blended drinks, etc....

Traditional Sarawak Kolo Noodle @ RM5.60
I can feel myself grinning from ear to ear (not face to face eh) when my bowl of noodle was brought to me. The aroma was simply breathtaking (considering I have not had this for ages) and I nearly teared (just kidding). The only thing that I was disappointed was the portion of the noodles. I reckon I must order 2 bowls to be able to fill my belly up.

Texture of the noodle was brilliant ~ not overcooked and still have that 'springiness' feel in it. Comes with a few slices of 'char siew' or BBQ pork and some minced meat and spring onions sprinkled on it. And the first thing I had to do is to mixed it all up.

Tasted really good, pretty closed to the original I had in Kuching. But it was slightly too dry. But then again I reserved every rights not to complain as this is one of the best 'kolo mee' I have tasted in KL.

Dark Soya Sauce & Chilli Sauce Sarawak Noodle @ RM5.60
This 'not too original' noodle which was done and mixed with dark soya sauce and chilly sauce tasted unique too. Comes with some slices of 'char siew' with some minced meat and spring onion sprinkled on it. It is cool that they came out with something different as it tasted secondary to the original kolo noodle. LOL.

Wonton Soup @ RM4.00
We had some wonton soup as our side dish and I must say this wonton tasted really lousy. First of all the wonton was overcooked and the 'skin' is falling apart. Secondly, it was rather tasteless and thirdly the size of the wonton is so pathetically small. I can get a better wonton from the local stores nearby my house.

Conclusion : Original Traditional Sarawak Kolo Noodle was superb. Portion was rather small and the wonton is lousy. Service was pretty fast and place was crowded. Reasonably priced too. A 3/5.

Cheers !

Face To Face Noodle House                         Operating Hours : 10:30am - 9:30pm
11A-1, Jalan PJU 8/5i
Damansara Perdana
47820 Petaling Jaya
Selangor.
Tel : 012 336 6303

No comments:

Post a Comment

free hit counter
free hit counter